Friday, December 7, 2012

Granola Balls


These are three different types of treats here.  The left side are granola balls.  One set with a little added cocoa.  The right side are the peanut butter and chocolate balls.  The recipe is below.

For the granola balls, you can really add or use any ingredients you like.  Depending on what I have around the house and what I might have left over from other recipes, these are different everytime I make them.

Basic recipe
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup honey or agave
  • 1 cup nuts
  • 1 cup natural peanut butter
This basic recipe is great.  They are the lighter colored balls in the middle.

For the ones one the left, I added 2 Tbsps of cocoa.  Tasted pretty good.

I also like to add craisins, raisins, coconut, sunflower seeds, protein powder (I will add a bit less rolled oats when I add this), chopped appple, and 100% cacoa chopped fine.

You can really mix and add as you like.  For my taste, the one cup of honey is too sweet so I usually add salty mixes or reduce the honey by 1/4 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment