Friday, December 7, 2012

Whole wheat protein waffles

One of my weekend tasks is making breakfast for Jeff and I.  He loves waffles and pancakes so I adapted this recipe to make it healthier.  No added sugar but sweet and delicious.  I love the flavor it has and I don't even use syrup!!

Ingredients
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • whole wheat flour added to the protein powder to make 1 1/2 cups total- I use white whole wheat flour but regular works well too.  I have also added a few tablespoons of milled flaxseed from time to time.
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/3 cup oil- I switch from cocnut oil, canola oil, and melted butter depending on what I have.
Mix all the dry ingredients.  Mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl then add to the dry ingredients.  Cook according to your waffle maker.  Makes about 6 large waffles or 8-10 smaller waffles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment