Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blueberry Protein Oatmeal

I love oatmeal for breakfast!!  Sometimes I like to change things up when I get tired of the same old bowl of oatmeal.  This recipe can be changed up if you'd prefer to add other berries or nuts.  Sometimes I add mini chocolate chips and peanut butter to make it more of a dessert!!

Blueberry Protein Oatmeal
1/2 ripe banana mashed or 4 oz. unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup oats
2 egg whites
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/8 cup almond milk

Mix all of the ingredients together in a large mug or ramekin.  Fold in blueberries, nuts or chocolate chips.  The above picture has 1/4 cup fresh blueberries but I wanted more so maybe add 1/3 to 1/2 cup blueberries.  Microwave for 1.5 to 2 minutes until just set in the middle.

Serving without add-ins- 300 calories, 3.3g fat, 39g carbs and 29g protein.

My blueberries added 15 calories, 0.5g fat, 6g carbs and 0.5g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment