Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Shredded Mexican Chicken in the crock pot


This is such a simple and delicious recipe.  I like to make a large batch on the weekend and eat it throughout the week.  By using the crock pot, you can make this recipe with very little work.

It is great to use for fajitas, nachos or taco salads. I can't wait to add some avocado and eat up!!

Shredded Mexican Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
14 oz. can of low sodium diced tomatoes
1/2 cup of salsa
cumin to taste, about 1 1/2 TBSP
Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle, about 2 tsp
pepper to taste
1/2 medium onion sliced
1/2 medium bell pepper sliced

Throw everything into your crock pot.  I use crock pot liners because I hate cleaning my crock pot.  Cook on high about 4 hours or low for about 6 hours.  I pull out the chicken and shred it with about an hour left to cook.  This way all the chicken really soaks up the flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment