Monday, June 17, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Protein Granola Bars

Yes, a little bit of everything delicious!!  I used my regular granola bar recipe but was really craving chocolate and coconut.  I decided to modify the recipe and it turned out great!!


I ate another bar while I was getting everything ready for this post!! Hehe.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Protein Granola Bars
1 ripe banana, mashed (if you want to leave out the banana just used 4 more ounces of applesauce)
4 oz. unsweetened applesauce
3 TBSP honey
1 TBSP dark chocolate peanut butter (I use Peanut Butter & Co. If you don't have this, just add 1 tsp cocoa powder to regular PB.)
6 scoops vanilla protein powder
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup shredded coconut (I only had sweetened and really wanted the coconut, so I used it!)

Start by mashing the banana well.  Add the applesauce, honey and peanut butter and blend well. Add the protein powder and oats.  You can use more oats and less protein powder as you like or just use 4 cups of oats.  I wanted the added protein in mine.  The mixture will be sticky and a bit tough to mix but it will work.  If yours is too dry, add a little bit of water until it can be mixed well.  Then add chocolate chips and coconut and mix well.  You could also substitute nuts or dried fruit.  Whatever you like.  This was just what I was craving yesterday!! 

Press the mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 cake pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

Makes 15 granola bars. Each has 144 calories, 3.4g fat, 18.3g carbs and 12.3g protein.  Delish!!



No comments:

Post a Comment