Sunday, May 19, 2013

Creamy Pork Chops

This is a pretty simple dinner, grilled pork chops, brown rice and squash.  I wanted to make a sauce to go with the rice and this is what I threw together.

I started by cooking boneless pork chops in a bit of extra virgin olive oil.  I seasoned them with a little season salt and some grilling spices, you can use whatever you like.  After they were completely cooked, I turned the heat off and added 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt to the drippings in the pan.  I added some black pepper and voila!!  This was a great sauce for the rice and the pork chops.  It was seasoned nicely and turned out really creamy.

Sometimes I saute mushrooms in a little butter and seasoning then add the greek yogurt to make a mushroom cream sauce.  Or you could add a little dijon mustard for a zingy flavor.  All of these are much better than any cream of whatever soup.  Plus the greek yogurt adds some protein to the meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment