Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Turkey Muffins


No these are not for dessert!!  I have run across quite a few meat muffin recipes and this is what I put together. I wanted something that would work for Italian and Mexican dishes.  I wanted to be able to grab these muffins re-heat and eat.  This was my first batch and I think they turned out great.  I ate the first one with a little mustard and sriracha sauce as a snack.  Yummy!!  I am planning to use these in two days for dinner with whole wheat noodles and homemade spaghetti sauce. I had some ground beef that needed to be used up so I mixed meats.  You could use all turkey or mix with pork.  Just use whatever you have around.

Turkey Muffins
1 lb ground lean turkey
3/4 pound ground beef 90%
1 cup quick oats
3 egg whites
2 tsp. each dry mustard, black pepper
1/2 tsp. each salt, cumin, thyme
2 tbsp garlic powder

Mix together.  Spray muffin tins.  Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.  This made 13 muffins.

Could also add chopped onion and celery.

This recipe had 125 calories, 14.7g protein, 5.6g fat and 4.3g carbs each.  Serving size would be 2 or 3 depending on the dish.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment