Monday, April 15, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Date balls

Want a delicious treat that tastes a bit like reese's peanut butter cups without all the added sugar??  I do!!  I have changed this recipe almost every time I have made it.  To really taste like a peanut butter cup be sure to use peanut butter and peanuts for the recipe.


Here we go:

1 square of Ghiardelli 100% cacao (in baking section)
1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
18 pitted dates
2 TBSP rolled oats
2 TBSP natural peanut butter, can also use almond butter
3/4 cup nuts, peanuts, almonds and walnuts all taste great

Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until fine.  Shape into balls, I was able to make 14 small ones.  Refrigerate to help hold their shape.

Just right when I need a little something for my sweet tooth!!

Today I used almonds because I was out of peanuts, so each ball had 71 calories, 2g protein and 1.5g fiber!!  You can add just about anything you can think of.  The more you add you might need to add a little water to keep the dough wet enough to form into balls.

**For the bottom three in the right picture, I added a little unsweetened coconut. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment