Thursday, April 18, 2013

Healthy Layered Banana Pudding

My great-grandmother loved to make her famous banana pudding, from scratch.  She'd make the vanilla pudding on the stove then cool it and add gobs of whipped cream.  Once the pudding mixture was ready, she'd start the layering; nilla wafers, pudding and sliced bananas.  Repeat till piled high with deliciousness!!

I wouldn't want to calculate the amount of fat or calories in that!!  I often have a craving for banana pudding so I have been working on a recipe for a while.  The cookie layer is what I have been having trouble with.  But I think I have finally perfected it!!

 
 
Healthy Layered Banana Pudding
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup rolled oats
23 almonds
cinnamon
splenda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt
1 tsp butter
 
For the cookie layer.  Put rolled oats and almonds in the blender until coarse and crumbly.  Add a pinch of cinnamon and splenda. Melt the butter.  Add the oat mixture and blend until combined.  The mix will have the texture of an apple crisp topping.
 
For the pudding, mix yogurt, vanilla and a pinch of splenda to taste.  Slice banana.  Then layer the cookie mix, yogurt and bananas!!  Makes 2 servings.
 
Quick, easy and much healthier for your waistline!!
 
Calories 220, Protein 11.2g, fiber 4.2g and only 22.8g of carbs!!


No comments:

Post a Comment