Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Protein Pita Chips

I love to eat hummus!!  I mean I REALLY love to eat hummus!!  I occasionally eat pretzels or pita chips but usually eat carrots and celery.  After eating so much hummus, you get a little tired of carrots and celery.  I decided to try and make my own pita chips.  Since I often substitute protein powder for flour in waffles and pancakes, I decided to try it with these chips.  I think it turned out great.  Jeff really liked them too, so I know they are good.  He can easily eat a half bag of pita chips in one night!

Protein Pita Chips
2 scoops unflavored protein powder (about 2/3 of a cup)
add whole wheat flour to make a total of 1 1/2 cup
pinch of salt
1 1/4 plain greek yogurt

Mix dry ingredients.  Add yogurt and mix well.  Roll out and cut into any shape or size. Bake at 450 degrees for 4 minutes.  Turn over and bake another 4 minutes.  Cool on a wire rack.

I made 1/2 the chips regular.  To the second half, I added dried rosemary and garlic powder.  Yum!!

I divided my chips into 5 portions.  Each portion has 98 calories, less than 1g fat and 16.4g protein!!  Way better for you than those other pita chips!!  Enjoy!!  Guess I need to make more of my homemade roasted garlic hummus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment