Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Scrambled eggs with cottage cheese


So I was in the mood for something a little different this morning and decided to try a recipe I came across a few weeks ago.  I have never been a big cottage cheese fan but I am working on finding ways to eat it that I will like.  This was a success!!

Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese

2 eggs, I always buy organic free range
1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
pinch of salt and pepper

Mix the ingredients in a blender until smooth.  Scramble like usual.  I wish I would have had some leftover veggies or even ham to add in.  But I did not.  I topped mine with some sriracha chili sauce.  They were delish!!

Calories- 180, 10g fat and 18g protein.

By using 1 less egg then normal and adding the cottage cheese, I saved 30 calories and 3.5g of fat for the same amount of protein. 

Future recipes will include spinach, squash, onions, ham or any other leftovers I see fit!! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment