Monday, April 29, 2013

Homemade Pizza Crust- healthy and high in protein


Delicious healthy homemade pizza crust. And it's simple, quick and healthy.

Pizza Crust
1 scoop of plain protein powder
add whole wheat flour to add up to 1 cup
pinch of salt, oregano and garlic powder to taste
3/4 cup plain greek yogurt

Mix until a nice dough is formed.  Then roll out on a floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick.  The thinner you roll it out, the crispier the crust will turn out. Mine isn't exactly round but it sure tasted great!!

Bake at 450 degrees.  I used my pizza stone to try and get a crispy crust but I think a regular pan would make is just as crisp. I baked it for 7 minutes and then flipped it over for 5 more minutes.  Then I pull it out of the oven and topped it off. 

Today's pizza had plain tomato sauce, canadian bacon, turkey pepperoni, green bell pepper, black olives, spinach leaves and mozzarella cheese. 
 
Then cook for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted!!!  Yummy. 
 
Hopefully this won't cause too much trouble for my diet in the future!!  Yes I ate this whole smallish pizza by myself. After the gym of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment